Yeehaw you bucking broncos! The LMO Movie Quiz returns to Last Movie Outpost and this week the quiz is all about Westerns. So grab your ten-gallon hat, a pair of ass-less chaps, and saddle up. Let’s round up those native American Indian persons of different ethnicity and then have ourselves a hoedown.
Here are 20 questions from Westerns. Old and new, TV shows or movies. These movies are all officially listed as Westerns elsewhere, so don’t blame me. Usual rules apply. No cheating. Just do your best. The answers are at the bottom and have fun. Tell us how you did.
Ready, Steady, *stars shooting*!
Part 1 – Finish that quote
- Well, how’d you like to kiss my sister’s _____ ____ ___?
- I have been offered a lot for my work, but never __________.
- Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the ______ ______ appeared.
- I wish I knew how __ _____ ___.
- How come I’ve got to run into a squirt like you nearly every place I go these days? What are you trying to do? ____ ___ __ _____ _______?
Part 2 – Who played…
- Charlie Waite
- Col. Davy Crockett
- Calamity Jane (1948)
- Ben Rumson
Part 3 – Name the movie
Part 4 – You either know it or you don’t
- Deadwood started a three-season run in 2004. Which saloon did Al Swearengen own?
- In which western did the Wilhelm Scream come from?
- For which western did John Wayne win his only Oscar?
- Western film stars William S. Hart and Tom Mix were pallbearers at whose 1929 funeral?
- What does the name Geronimo translate into?
- Well, how’d you like to kiss my sister’s black cat’s ass? – The Wild Bunch
- I have been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.– The Magnificent Seven
- Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared. –For a Few Dollars More
- I wish I knew how to quit you. – Brokeback Mountain – There are cowboys in it!
- How come I’ve got to run into a squirt like you nearly every place I go these days? What are you trying to do? Show off for your friends? – The Gunfighter
- Clint Eastwood – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Kevin Costner – Open Range
- John Wayne – The Alamo
- Jane Russell – The Paleface
- Lee Marvin – Paint Your Wagon
- No Country for Old Men
- Lone Star
- Brokeback Mountain again, lol
- The Ridiculous Six
- The Gem
- The Charge at Feather River (originally recorded for Distant Drums)
- True Grit
- Wyatt Earp’s
- ‘The One Who Yawns’
So, how did you do in the LMO Movie Quiz? Are you in The Hateful Eight or The Ridiculous Six?