Sorry it’s been so long since we’ve had a quiz, but here’s one to test your movie knowledge. This weekend remembers Armistice Day, we thought we would have a quiz on war movies.
The questions are from movie based around wars, including WWI and WWII and other real conflicts, there’s nothing about Star Wars in here. No cheating, just do you best.
Ready, Set, Over the Top Lads!
Part 1 – Finish that quote from these war movies
- I love the smell of _______ __ ____ ______.
- Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! ___ __ _ ___ _____!
- Nah, I don’t think so. More like _____ ___. I’ve been ______ ___ before.
- I looked up “fubar” in the German dictionary ___ _____ __ ____ __ ____.
- Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house ___ ____ __ ______.
Part 2 – Who directed these famous war movies?
- Paths of Glory
- Thin Red Line
- Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Das Boot
Part 3 – Name the movie
Part 4 – You either know it or you don’t
- In The Great Escape, what was the name of the tunnel they escaped through?
- What plane was Tom Hardy’s character flying in Dunkirk?
- What were Ryan’s brothers called in Saving Private Ryan?
- What kind of tank was Fury?
- How many movie versions of All Quiet on the Western Front have there been?
The answers to the quiz.
- I love the smell of napalm in the morning – Apocalypse Now!
- Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room! – Dr Stranglove
- Nah, I don’t think so. More like chewed out. I’ve been chewed out before. – Inglorious Basterds
- I looked up “fubar” in the German dictionary and there’s no fubar in here. – Saving Private Ryan
- Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister. – Full Metal Jacket
- Stanley Kubrick
- Oliver Stone
- Terrence Malick
- David Lean
- Wolfgang Peterson
- Casualties of War
- Kelly’s Heroes
- Hacksaw Ridge
- Hamburger Hill
- Empire of the Sun
- Harry, after Tom was discovered.
- A Spitfire.
- Daniel, Peter & Sean.
- A Sherman.
- 3 – 1930, 1979, and 2022.
So how did you do? Are you British Tommy or a Filthy Hun?