Robots are cool, they just are! From The Terminator to Number 5 to Ava in Ex-Machina. So, for a change, the topic of this week’s quiz is robots, android,s and all other things that are a mix of man and machine. I’m not sure that Jessica has done a movie with a robot, but maybe she has a Rabbit?
All the questions are about movies with robots, androids, mechas, cyborgs and biomechanical implants. No cheating, just do your best, answers at the bottom. Have fun.
Ready, Steady, EXECUTE!
Part 1 – Finish that quote
- Why don’t you make arrangements to take our hovercraft to ________ _____, ______ _______ and ___________.
- “More ______ than _____” is our motto.
- ________ contaminant!
- Come with me __ ___ ____ __ ____!
- I’d buy that for _ ______!
Part 2 – Name the main robot in each of these movies.
- Forbidden Planet
- I, Robot
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Bicentennial Man
Part 3 – Name the movie
Part 4 – You either know it or you don’t
- Who played Chappie?
- What do you need to say to stop Gort?
- Who played The Doctor in Dr. Who and the Daleks?
- What was the name of the creature that build the good robots in Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey?
- Bumblebee was what number in the series of the ‘new’ Transformers movies?
The answers to the quiz.
- Why don’t you make arrangements to take our hovercraft to Medieval World, Roman World, and Westworld. – Westworld
- “More human than human” is our motto. – Blade Runner
- Foreign contaminant! – WALL-E
- Come with me if you want to live! – Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- I’d buy that for a dollar! – Robocop
- Robby the Robot
- Marvin – the Paranoid Android
- Cyborg (1989)
- Real Steel
- The Iron Giant
- Robot & Frank
- Sharlto Copley
- Klaatu barada nikto!
- Peter Cushing
- The seventh
So how did you do? Are you a Robocop 1987 or Robocop 2014?