The LMO movie quiz is back! Another 50 points to earn, through hard work, geek knowledge, and pure guesswork. Again, there are no prizes, but you can brag to all your friends here at The Last Movie Outpost.
We are on the honor system, so no cheating, no Google! Remember the Goddess Gal Gadot is watching over all of you and she knows what you’re up to, even in the bathroom! That’s an entirely different run of confessions!
Like last time, mark yourselves and post your scores below, you don’t need to post the answers. For the glory of geekdom! So, ready, steady, GO!
Part 1 – John McTiernan Movies
- What’s the name of the kid from Last Action Hero, character and actor?
- Where was the filming location of Medicine Man?
- What movie had the tagline: “A terrifying story of the supernatural”?
- What is the opening song in Die Hard With A Vengeance and who sang it originally?
- In The Thomas Crown Affair (1999), which painting was stolen?
- Who played The Predator (1987)?
- Who wrote the novel The Hunt for the Red October?
- What was the original title for The 13th Warrior?
- Who was the main star of the original Rollerball (1975)?
- Who did John McClain aim for while driving through Central Park in Die Hard with a Vengeance?
Part 2 – Finish the quote
- Get busy ________ or get busy ________.
- Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the _____ ____.
- It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now to give it the perfect ending was a bit of the old ______ ____.
- It’s all for nothing if you don’t have _______.
- Clever ____!!!
- Say, I like the colour of your car there, man. What’s that s’posed to be? Sort of a cross between ____ _____ and ____ _____, ain’t it?
- That’s thirty minutes away. ___ __ _____ __ __.
- I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE __________ ______ ON THIS __________ _____!
- This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught ______ ___ ________!
- I think Nick Fury just hijacked our ______ _______.
Part 3 – Who played the role?
- John Coffey
- Private Ryan
- Asian Hawk
- Drax the Destroyer
- Detective Mike Lowrey
- Melanie Daniels
- Lloyd Christmas
- Hynkel – Dictator of Tomania
- Robert McCall
- Sally Albright
Part 4 – Name that movie
Part 5 – Either you know it or you don’t
- Who is the only actor to have beaten up James Bond and Indiana Jones?
- How many Halloween movies have been released (as of now)?
- Exactly what time did the lightning strike the Clock Tower in Back to the Future?
- In The Nutty Professor 2 : The Klumps, how many roles did Eddie Murphy play?
- What is the first word spoke in The Empire Strikes Back?
- What movie was Tom Hanks directorial debut?
- Who is Alan Smithee?
- What was Kathryn Bigelow’s vampire movie called?
- In the opening of The Three Amigos, how long is the note near the end of the main song?
- Who is missing: Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughan, Brad Dexter, James Coburn, and ______________?
Did you do well? Are you a super nerd? The answers are below.
The LMO Movie Quiz Answers
- Danny, Austin O’Brian
- Catemaco, Veracruz, Mexico – If you got Mexico, you get a point
- Nomads (1985)
- Summer in the City – The Lovin’ Spoonful
- San Giorgio Maggiore at Dusk by Monet
- Kevin Peter Hall
- Tom Clancy
- The Eaters of the Dead
- James Caan
- That mime!
- Get busy living or get busy dying. – Shawshank Redemption
- Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room. – Dr Strangelove
- It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now to give it the perfect ending was a bit of the old Ludwig van. – Clockwork Orange
- It’s all for nothing if you don’t have freedom. – Braveheart
- Clever girl!!! – Jurassic Park
- Say, I like the color of your car there, man. What’s that s’posed to be? Sort of a cross between piss yella’ and puke green, ain’t it? – American Graffiti
- That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten. – Pulp Fiction
- I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE! – Snakes on a Plane
- This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow! – Pirates of the Caribbean
- I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation. – Spiderman Far From Home
- Michael Clarke Duncan – The Green Mile
- Matt Damon – Saving Private Ryan
- Jackie Chan – Armour of God 1 & 2, Chinese Zodiac
- Dave Bautista – Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
- Will Smith – Bad Boys
- Tippi Hedren – The Birds
- Jim Carrey – Dumb & Dumber
- Charlie Chaplin – The Great Dictator
- Denzel Washington- The Equalizer
- Meg Ryan – When Harry Met Sally
- Black Panther
- Biggles : Adventures Through Time
- Reservoir Dogs
- Field of Dreams
- The Greatest Showman
- Pat Roach
- 8 – Sherman Klump / Buddy Love / Granny Klump / Mama Klump / Papa Klump / Young Papa Klump / Ernie Klump / Lance Perkins
- That Thing You Do
- Any director that doesn’t want their name attached to a movie.
- Near Dark
- 14 seconds
- Horst Buchholz
How did you do? Scores for the LMO Movie Quiz break down as follows :
1 – 10 : Popcorn kernel and chewing gum remover
11 – 20 : Cinema Usher
21 – 30 : Ticket ripper
31 – 40 : Projectionist
41 – 50 : Manager
If you have any ideas for the next LMO Movie Quiz, post them below, with your scores. Remember, you don’t need to post your answers, just your scores and the ones you got wrong.