It’s been ages since we’ve done a quiz, so we thought we should go back and do classic sci-fi. Good times, back when the special effects weren’t all that good, but the movies were fun to watch.
The questions are from the classics and I’ve tried not to make them too difficult. This is just for fun. No searching online, just take a guess and let us know how you did in the Disqus below. Ready, Set, Exterminate!
Part 1 – Finish that quote from these classic sci-fi movies
- No, Helene and Andre believed in the sacredness of life. They wouldn’t harm anything…___ ____ _ ___.
- Take your stinking paws off me, ___ ____ ______ ___!
- Would __ _______ be sufficient?
- Gort! _____ _____ ____!
- When I speak of time, gentlemen, I’m referring to ___ _______ _________.
Part 2 – Name 5 movies that Ray Harryhausen worked on, they don’t have to be sci-fi?
Part 3 – Name the movie
Part 4 – You either know it or you don’t
- What was unique about Forbidden Planet?
- What was Soylent Green?
- How were the books stored in Fahrenheit 451?
- What caused everyone to go blind in Day of the Triffids?
- Who directed The Andromeda Strain?
The answers to the quiz.
- No, Helene and Andre believed in the sacredness of life. They wouldn’t harm anything… not even a fly. – The Fly (1958)
- Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! – Planet of the Apes (1968)
- Would 60 gallons be sufficient? – Forbidden Planet (1956)
- Gort! Klaatu barada nikto! – The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
- When I speak of time, gentlemen, I’m referring to the fourth dimension. – The Time Machine (1960)
6 – 10. The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, It Came from Beneath the Sea, 20 Million Miles to Earth, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Mysterious Island, Jason and the Argonauts, First Men on the Moon, One Million Years BC, Valley of the Gwangi, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, Clash of the Titans and Mighty Joe Young.
- The Thing from Another World (1951)
- Time After Time (1979)
- Logan’s Run (1976)
- Westworld (1973)
- Them! (1954)
- The movie has no score or music, it’s all dubbed with sound effects.
- People had memorized them.
- A meteor shower
- Robert Wise
So how did you do? Are you a Robert Wise or a Roger Corman?
Check back every day for new content at Last Movie Outpost.
To like us on Facebook Click Here
To follow us on Twitter Click Here
See our YouTube channel Click Here