I love the talkbacks here at LMO, we have some interesting discussions, the occasional disagreements, but overall, it’s all about movie lovers talking about movies.
When I thought about doing a Best Movie Bad Guy survey, I was interested in the possibility of where it would go, who would win and what the talkback would be like.
I was hoping for a Top 50, but no, you have excelled yourselves and there is a Top 140! At first, I was very pleased, but, as I started typing the list out, I started to hate you all! Do you know how long it takes to type these names out???
A good few names only had a handful of votes, but what is good is that there is a great Top 10 and a close but clear winner. I’ve decided to make a video on the Top 10, so I have started on that, but in the meantime, here are some of the names that didn’t win.
These aren’t in any order, but here are some that only had 1 vote, this isn’t the full list, but names worth a mention.
Only 1 Vote
- Chucky – Child’s Play
- Dr Evil – Austin Powers
- Plymouth Fury – Christine
- Gus Fring – Breaking Bad
- Bob – Twin Peaks
- Maleficent – Maleficent
- Deloris Umbridge – Harry Potter movies
- Annie – Misery
- Darcy – Green Room
- Shredder – TMNT
- Hans Landa – Inglorious Basterds
- Jigsaw – Saw movies
- Max Cady – Cape Fear
- Borg – Star Trek movies and TV
- Pennywise – IT & IT Chapter 2
- Dr Griffith – The Invisible Man
- Percy – The Green Mile
- Simon Grubber – Die Hard With a Vengeance
- Mrs Mangle – Neighbours
- Predator – Predator
The next set only had 5 or fewer votes, again, not in any order and again, it’s not all of them.
Less Than 5 Votes
- Don Logan – Sexy Beast
- The lesbians – Knock Knock
- Anakin Skywalker – The Prequels
- Ash – Alien
- Eric Cartman – South Park
- The Tall Man – Phantasm
- Sid – Toy Story
- Emperor Ming – Flash Gordon
- Toecutter – Mad Max
- Scorpio Killer – Dirty Harry
- Thanos – Avengers Movies
- Agent Smith – The Matrix Movies
- Dr Smith – Lost in Space TV series
- Walter White – Breaking Bad
- Miranda Priestly – The Devil Wears Prada
- The Sheriff of Nottingham – Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
- Peter and Paul – Funny Games
- Kingpin – Daredevil TV series
- Tony Montana – Scarface
- Thulsa Doom – Conan the Barbarian
Can you see anyone you voted for?
I thought Thanos was pretty low on the score and a couple of other names. As I said, I have missed a few names off this list, but next week, I’ll post from 50 – 11 and they are all ranked. Then, there will be a Top 10 Best Movie Bad guy, as voted for by you, the Outposters.