Marvel Studios’ Loki, coming soon to Disney+, is said to defy expectations. That is OK. I can deal with my expectations being defied. It’s when my expectations are threatened with being subverted that my franchise PTSD kicks in and I start rocking back and forth in my chair, whimpering.

The show’s VFX supervisor has promised that the show will surprise viewers on a weekly basis. In a Comic Book Movie interview, Brad Parker had this to say:

“Well, that’s pretty much all I can say, that it is a crazy journey! That’s another project that will defy expectations in a lot of ways. It’s been so much fun. It’s been on my hit list to work on a Marvel project, and Loki is just such a great one.

It’s so cool, and there are so many amazing things that are going to happen in every episode. I can’t wait for people to see it. It’s a lot of hard work. We’re working furiously to make this thing as great as possible, and I think people are going to be thrilled when they see it.”

Tom Hiddleston was a fan favorite in the MCU, switching sides, being both sympathetic and villainous, “dying” twice.

We know Loki will follow Thor’s adopted brother after he escaped New York as an earlier version of himself thanks to the events of Avengers: Endgame. This means he will fall foul of the Time Variance Authority. The trailers and clips hinted that he will be reluctantly recruited to work for them as they attempt to protect the multiverse and bring order to the disrupted timelines.

Loki has been described as a crime thriller set across multiple timelines. Internet fandom has already started generating theories that Thor, Mephisto, Kang and a whole load of Marvel characters will appear. Internet fandom has clearly not learned its lessons from WandaVision yet, then. 95% of this stuff is b*llshit and the other 5% is a lucky guess. Grando Calrissian and Obi-1 clones should have warned you.

Unlike WandaVision, Loki is rumored to run for at least two seasons. Other than that, all we know is that in at least one timeline things didn’t turn out too well for Loki’s brother and his friends.

Loki will run on Disney+ from June 11th 2021.