All The Release Dates Announced
Warner Bros. has released an international trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 and announced the global release dates for their long-awaited sequel.
The film will open in select US theaters starting on Christmas Day, while simultaneously premiering on HBO Max for streaming subscribers at home at no additional fee. However, the sequel will open in different countries across the world a week beforehand, and in some instances, well after the North American Christmas release.
First, the trailer –
Variety has a helpful list breaking down the Wonder Woman 1984 release date per country:
- Wednesday, December 16th — Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Estonia, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Thursday, December 17th — Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East – Other, Nicaragua, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
- Friday, December 18th — China, East Africa, Japan, Nigeria, Spain, Vietnam
- Wednesday, December 23rd — Austria, Germany, Korea
- Thursday, December 24th — Hungary, Slovenia
- Friday, December 25th — Canada, Colombia, Finland, India, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Venezuela, United States
- Saturday, December 26th — Australia, New Zealand
- Thursday, December 31st — Argentina
Variety says that WB –
“opted to release the Wonder Woman sequel earlier in international markets in an effort to avoid piracy concerns,”
The sequel is directed by Patty Jenkins and is the follow up to the first outing back in 2017 that raked in $822 million at the worldwide box office.
The film stars Gal Gadot as Diana/Wonder Woman, Kristen Wiig as The Cheetah, Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Pedro Pascal as Max Lord, Robin Wright as Antiope, and Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta.